Manhattan Dog Training
All dog training services begin with a ninety-minute consultation ($200)
All prices are subject to NY sales tax.
For three sessions
One Month Intensive
Dog Trainer, CPDT-KA
Why hire us?
We believe dog training is about building a loving relationship between humans and dogs. Dog training should be about encouraging and teaching dogs how to make good choices. We take into account a dog’s individual wants and needs. They have their own thoughts and feelings, and a trainer should be considerate and conscious of that fact!
Rob's Personal History Working With Animals
What is Your Personal History With Animals?
A la carte Training Sessions:
Trick Training and Trick Dog Certification Sessions
Walk and Train Prices
Walk and Train Sessions
Includes morning & evening walks
Daytime walks are charged separately
Full service list:
- Creating and maintaining a schedule and working with humans
- Proper reinforcement schedule for success
-Hyperarousal and overexcitement
- Working with relaxation protocol
- Staying under threshold
- Acclimating to exciting stimuli
-Attention Building and Recall
- Basic attention building all the way up to more complex heeling
- Loose leash walking
- Proper two handed leash technique
-Working with anxieties and fear
- Proper attitude when dealing with fear and anxiety
- Staying under threshold
- Working with a dog’s boundaries
- Reading canine body language in stressful situations
- Avoiding stressful interactions and scenarios
- Management plans to avoid incidents
-Desensitization and Acclimatization
- Human and animal
- Equipment and clothing
- Body handling and manipulating
- Rob is a Certified Trick Dog Instructor (CTDI) and has experience with teaching dozens of tricks
- Certifying client’s dogs as Trick Dogs
- Working with clients if they wish to become CTDIs
- Create fun and stimulating bonds with your dog
- Priming a dog for advanced behaviors and quicker learning for any sort of training
Our Systems & Processes
- We take a detailed background and history of your dog during intake
- First, we check that there are no health issues that might be causing behavioral or training problems.
- Next, we ensure that the dog’s individual needs in day to day life are met. No training can occur if a dog’s needs aren’t properly met
- We then implement a training plan based on LIMA (least intrusive, minimally aversive) and positive reinforcement-based training philosophies
- Training plans are tailored to the individual dog and their humans, and support is offered in between sessions by email and phone as needed
Dog Training Business
Want to see how we work? Check out: Our Leash Program
- We believe that dogs are friends, and they should be treated as such! They are our companions, not our servants, and our relationship with them should be one of mutual respect. However, dogs are not humans. They are dogs, and they are born only knowing only how to act like dogs. Our respectful relationship needs to focus on teaching them in a positive way how to live with humans.
- We believe that good training is largely based on offering choice to our dogs. Dogs are individuals with unique feelings, wants, and needs, and one size does not fit all. Learning how to listen to what our dogs are telling us and offering them safe, positive choices enables them to figure out for themselves what their best options are.
Holding a Leash
The Slow Stop
The Fake Pull
The Basic Heel
Why Do Dogs Pull?
Dog Training Service
What Do We Do If Dogs Pull?
Two Hands Is Better Than One
Corners and Blind Spots